I have been blessed to have the best Mom in the history of Mom’s. Maybe I’m a bit biased (just a little), however; if you were to ask my friends from childhood through today about my Mom they would probably tell you the same thing.
Most women have the ability to become a Mom (I unfortunately I was not one of them), however; I believe that some people are just born to be Mom’s. They have some kind of special DNA which makes them innately more gifted at the job than others. My Mom is one of those women born to be a Mom.
If you were to ask my Mom about herself she will talk about me, my sister, her grandchildren and son-in-laws without ever actually mentioning anything about herself. She always seems to be amazed at what a great family she has never realizing her love and support has been the cornerstone of our family.
She has always been my hero; overcoming obstacles that life has thrown at her with strength and dignity (see One Word can Change Your Life). She is the kind of person who will show up for you when others are walking out on you. She will give you the shirt of her back and has literally given me the shoes off of her feet. She has taught me the meaning of unconditional love.
So in honor of her I want to share life lessons from my Mom.
- A note of encouragement can make a huge difference in someone’s day (see Encouragement by Mail)
- Always show up for others (even if you don’t think they deserve it)
- Make family a priority
- Family and forgiveness go hand-in-hand
- Keep moving forward even when it’s hard
- Unconditional love cannot be earned, it is given freely whether or not you think the other person deserves it
- Encouragement is a gift you can give to anyone at any time
- Be nice to everyone (AKA: kill them with kindness)
- If someone doesn’t like you or want to be your friend it’s their loss not yours
Thank you Mom for all the love, support and encouragement you give so freely.
Happy Mother’s Day!!!
For more support visit AlongComesGrandpa.com